It is most important that all families wishing to enroll at Our Lady of the Lake School begin by reviewing this Admission and Tuition Policy, completing and submitting the Registration Application with the $100.00 registration fee. Our Lady of the Lake Parish must have an accurate enrollment number in order to arrange staffing for the 2017-2018 school year. Staffing decisions depend heavily upon actual enrollment numbers.
It is also most important that families, who wish to be considered for additional financial aid from the diocese or the parish, submit the SMARTAID application no later than March 1, 2017.
All students wishing to enroll in Our Lady of the Lake School and at least one parent/guardian must attend an admission interview with the school principal. The pastor, pastoral staff members and/or faculty members may also interview students and their families. The interview is a good opportunity for parents/guardians and students to ask questions about Our Lady of the Lake School.
All students new to grades one through eight are required to take an admissions test. All students entering kindergarten are required to participate in the kindergarten screening process. Testing dates and screening dates will be announced annually. It will be the responsibility of the families to present the students for the testing and screening according to the schedule established annually by Our Lady of the Lake School.
- Kindergarten is a full day program.
- All families who wish to enroll a kindergarten student for the 2017-2018 school year will receive additional information regarding kindergarten screening. Information regarding kindergarten screening will be sent home in the early spring.
- The Ohio Department of Education recommends that all kindergarten students be five (5) years old before August 1. Euclid City Schools requires kindergarten students to be five (5) years old before August 1.
- The Office of Catholic Education of the Diocese of Cleveland recommends that the Catholic elementary schools follow the policies of the public school district in which they reside for kindergarten entrance age.
- Kindergarten students eat lunch at school.
All families are required to meet all financial obligations to any and all educational institutions before enrollment in Our Lady of the Lake School can be finalized.